Vision Zero Partner Summit Award Nominations Now Open
For Immediate Release: Oct 22 2018
Bismarck, ND - The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) will host the Vision Zero Partner Summit, with over 100 representatives of law enforcement, transportation, engineering, public health and other safety agencies from across the state to gather and discuss traffic safety, April 2-3 at the Ramkota in Bismarck.
The summit includes an awards ceremony for those who showed outstanding service and dedication to accomplish the overall goal of reducing crashes resulting in fatal and serious injuries in North Dakota. There are ten award categories for law enforcement and other traffic safety advocates in North Dakota. The public is invited to submit award nominations. The nomination forms are available here.
The categories are:
- Traffic Safety Officer of the Year –Honors the officer who displayed significant contributions to traffic safety through enforcement, training and education for the past year.
- Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) Officer of the Year –Recognizes the officer who excels in conducting DRE evaluations and creating awareness to their peers and community about the dangers of drug use and drugged driving.
- Beyond the Traffic Stop – These officers performed outstanding investigative skills that led to multiple arrests for narcotics, stolen property, and outstanding warrants all resulting from a single routine traffic stop.
- Vision Zero Child Passenger Safety Technician/Instructor Award –Recognizes the Child Passenger Safety technicians and/or instructors for their commitment to child passenger safety through participation in check-up events, public education opportunities, teaching efforts, and dedication to a local, area-wide or state-wide CPS program.
- Vision Zero Civil Servant Award – This award goes to an individual(s) who have gone above and beyond to assist or provide information to law enforcement to remove a reckless or impaired driver from the roadway
- Vision Zero Commemorative Coin – Designed for law enforcement officers who have demonstrated a commitment to enforcing traffic safety laws and promoting traffic safety
- Vision Zero Honor Roll Award –Recognizes advocates of traffic safety and those who promote traffic safety messages to their peers through their own initiatives.
- Vision Zero Infrastructure Award – Individual –Recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to promote or implement safety improvements or programs on North Dakota’s state or local road system.
- Vision Zero Infrastructure Award – Program –Recognize an organization that has made a difference within their agency, community or state through implementation of a program that improves traffic safety
- Vision Zero Infrastructure Award – Project –Recognize a project that improves safety in an area regarding transportation related to infrastructure.
- Vision Zero Media Award – This award is for the reporter/news organization that has been fair, balanced and informative in reporting transportation/traffic related issues on radio, television, newspaper, or Internet/social media.
Nominations are due by the deadline on the form.
For more information on traffic safety efforts to reduce motor vehicle fatalities and serious injuries in North Dakota, visit VisionZero.ND.gov.